Groundwater Modellers - Johannesburg
|Return to Postings|
|Closing On:||Friday, 31st January 2020|
Reference Code: GWSA-19-01
Piteau Associates South Africa (Pty) Ltd is looking to expand its Groundwater Modelling team to help deliver its project work within the Europe and Africa region, and also to provide groundwater modelling support to other offices across the group. Piteau is looking to appoint at a range of levels within the Groundwater Modelling team, from intermediate level positions which will be focused on the technical aspects of groundwater model development through to more senior roles involving technical and team management, together with involvement in business development.
• BEng or BSc (Hons) (MSc level preferred) in Geology, Earth Sciences, Hydrogeology, Engineering or a closely related field.
• Practical experience in minerals sector consulting in hydrogeology, mine hydrology and/or water balance modelling (minimum 5 years for Intermediate candidates; minimum 12+ years for senior leadership).
• Strong organizational and team skills and project management experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, with ability to prepare, review and edit reports and other client deliverables. Fluency in Spanish and/or French would be highly advantageous.
• Mobility and willingness to undertake international assignments, prospectively across all continents.
Key activity areas, in which suitably qualified hydrogeology candidates may hold experience, include:
• Groundwater / hydrogeological investigations to support mining project EIA’s or scoping, PFS and FS level studies.
• Design of dewatering and depressurisation systems for operational open pit and underground mines.
• Seepage evaluation from existing or planned tailings or mine waste storage facilities.
• Particular strength in numerical groundwater flow modelling (such as FEFLOW, MODFLOW, GWV, MINEDW, etc) is essential.
• Proven team leadership, client management and business development experience will be required for appointment to senior roles.
For all positions, Piteau is searching for candidates who possess a strong work ethic and a keen desire to build a career as a part of a dynamic team. In return, Piteau is able to offer highly competitive compensation packages and benefits which include bonus payment recognition of contributions made to the success of the Company. Equity ownership opportunities and other incentives may also be offered to suitably qualified employees.