Junior Geotechnical Engineer in Training - Mining - Elko
|Return to Postings|
|Closing On:||Friday, 31st January 2020|
Junior Geotechnical Engineer in Training
Reference Code: EJGE-19-01
Piteau Associates is seeking one or more individuals with 0 to 3 years' experience to join our Mining Geotechnical Group in our Elko office and become involved with projects relating to: open pit mine design and waste rock dump design. These projects offer the opportunity for professional growth and skill development in:
• Geotechnical data collection (core logging, field mapping, photogrammetry)
• Downhole geotechnical and hydrogeological instrumentation, data processing and review
• Structural analysis of surface and subsurface structural data and kinematic stability assessments of bench, interramp and overall slope stability
• Development of geotechnical rock mass models and statistical block modeling of geomechanical parameters
• Conceptual, prefeasibility, and feasibility open pit and waste dump slope design studies
• Optimization of open pit slope and waste dump designs
• Limit equilibrium stability analyses and detailed numerical modeling assessments using computer programs such as Slide, SVSlope, RS2, UDEC and FLAC
• Rockfall modeling assessments to define optimal catch berm widths for rockfall protection
• Design of waste dumps and ancillary structures (underdrains, sedimentation ponds, runout berms)
• Processing and evaluation of prism, radar and inclinometer slope monitoring data
• Slope failure prediction (time of failure and runout distance), failure back analysis, and forensic studies for open pits and waste dumps
• Mine closure planning
A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in geological engineering is required, candidates must be eligible for registration as an engineer intern with Nevada Board of Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors. Willingness to learn and take on challenging assignments, some involving overseas travel, and excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential. Working knowledge of Spanish is an asset.
Piteau Associates offers a competitive compensation package that includes recognition of contributions to the success of the Company. We also provide attractive benefits packages. Equity ownership opportunities and incentives are also offered to qualified employees.
Piteau Associates is an employee-owned consulting firm that offers a full range of geotechnical, hydrogeological, and mine water management investigation and design services to the resource industry. The company has been servicing the mining industry for over 40 years and currently has over 100 employees in ten offices in Canada, USA, Chile, Peru, England and South Africa. With a strong dedication to quality and maintaining long-term relationships with our clients, we are one of the top mining geotechnical consulting firms specializing in the design of deep open pit mines worldwide.