Senior and Principal Geotechnical Engineers - Mining - Tucson
|Return to Postings|
|Posted On:||Wednesday, 11th April 2018|
Reference Code: TSPG-19-01
Piteau Associates is seeking exceptional Senior and Principal-level consulting geotechnical engineers within our Mining Geotechnical Group in our Tucson office. Candidates should have a minimum of 15 to 20 years of relevant geotechnical consulting and design experience in open pit and underground mines.
• Open pit stability assessment and design including structural analysis, kinematic assessments, rock mass characterization, slope stability analysis and development of design criteria.
• Strong knowledge of underground mining methods and interaction between open pit slope stability and underground mine workings.
• Geotechnical inspection and design audits of operating open pit mines including waste dumps.
• Site selection, analysis and design for waste rock dumps.
• Third party review of geotechnical design studies by other practitioners.
• Assessment and remedial design for complex modes of slope instability including assessment of slope monitoring data, evaluation of monitoring thresholds, slope failure prediction, development of safe working procedures (SOPs), and trigger action response plans/procedures (TARPs).
• Detailed understanding of standard to advanced 2D and 3D analytical methods including limit equilibrium, finite element and distinct element stability analysis codes, and rockfall/runout analysis.
• Strong background in project management and business development, with an ability to independently source clients.
• Strong technical, leadership and problem solving skills.
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and report writing skills.
• Ability and willingness to mentor and train junior and intermediate engineers.
• Business development skills including presentation of workshops and marketing.
• Willingness to travel internationally and to remote locations.
• Degree in geological/geotechnical engineering from a recognized university and minimum of 15 to 20 years of related work experience.
• A post graduate degree would be considered a strong asset.
• Eligibility for registration as a P.E. or P.G. in the USA.
Piteau Associates is an employee-owned consulting firm that offers a full range of geotechnical, hydrogeological, and mine water management investigation and design services to the resource industry worldwide. With over 40 years of service, the company currently has over 100 employees in ten offices in Canada, USA, Chile, Peru, England and South Africa. With a strong dedication to quality and maintaining long-term relationships with our clients, we are one of the top mining geotechnical consulting firms specializing in the design of deep open pit mines worldwide.
Piteau Associates is going through an exciting phase of growth with the addition of over 50 employees in our Water Management Group in the last two years. To keep up with this growth, we would like to expand our geotechnical group capabilities with highly-respected industry leaders in our operations in Canada, USA, South America, and Africa.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Piteau Associates offers competitive compensation packages that include performance bonus and equity incentives for intermediate, senior and principal-level employees. We also provide attractive benefits packages.
If you are interested in a challenging and rewarding career, please submit a cover letter and resume as a single PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only potential candidates will be contacted regarding applications.