Junior Geotechnical Engineer in Training
|Return to Postings|
|Posted On:||Friday, 19th January 2018|
Junior Geotechnical Engineer
Piteau Associates is seeking one or more individuals with 0 to 3 years experience to join our Geotechnical Group in North Vancouver, BC, Canada, and become involved with projects relating to: open pit mine design and waste rock dump design. These projects offer the opportunity for professional growth and skill development in:
• Geotechnical data collection (core logging, field mapping, photogrammetry)
• Downhole geotechnical and hydrogeological instrumentation
• Development of geotechnical rock mass models and block modeling
• Conceptual, prefeasibility, and feasibility studies
• Optimization of open pit slope and waste dump designs
• Detailed numerical and limit equilibrium modeling assessments
• Design of waste dumps and ancillary structures (underdrains, sedimentation ponds, runout berms)
• Development of slope instrumentation and monitoring programs, and evaluation of slope movement thresholds for Trigger Action Response Plans (TARPs)
• Slope failure prediction (time of failure and runout distance), failure back analysis, and forensic studies for open pits and waste dumps
• Mine closure planning
A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in geological engineering, geology, or in a complementary discipline is required, and upon graduation, candidates must be eligible for registration as an engineer-in-training (EIT) or geoscientist-in-training (GIT) with Engineers and Geoscientists BC. Willingness to learn and take on challenging assignments, some involving overseas travel, and excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential. Working knowledge of French or Spanish is an asset.
In addition to a competitive compensation and benefits package, this opportunity offers significant potential for professional growth.
Please e-mail cover letter and resumes as a single PDF document to email@example.com.