Piteau Associates USA Ltd.
Junior and Intermediate Hydrogeologists
|Return to Postings|
|Posted On:||Tuesday, 27th June 2017|
Piteau Associates is an employee-owned earth sciences consulting group. We offer a full range of geotechnical, groundwater and surface water management and consulting services to the resource industry worldwide. Our Head Office is in Vancouver, Canada, and we have branch offices in: Kelowna, Canada; Reno, Denver and Tucson, USA; Lima, Peru; Santiago, Chile; Shrewsbury, United Kingdom; and Johannesburg, South Africa.
Piteau Associates is well known in the international mining community for our expertise in the investigation and design of open pit slopes and mine waste dumps, and associated groundwater studies. We have recently expanded our mine water management capabilities and our geographic footprint with the acquisition of a team of very experienced and internationally respected hydrogeology, hydrology, and geochemistry professionals.
We are seeking exceptional, highly motivated individuals to help grow our company, globally. Qualified candidates have strong communications skills, educational credentials in the earth sciences, and practical experience in the mining industry. Positions are currently available for junior to intermediate level hydrogeologists in our Tucson, AZ office.
For an entry level position the minimum requirements are a degree from a recognized university in an applied earth sciences field, a strong work ethic, and a keen desire to learn and build a career as a part of a dynamic team of dedicated professionals.
For more advanced positions, post-graduate certificates or degrees in applied earth sciences with a combination of demonstrated expertise in advanced computer modeling and design techniques, practical experience in mining operations or consulting, and project management are required.
Piteau Associates offers a competitive compensation package that includes recognition of contributions to the success of the Company. We also provide attractive benefits packages. Equity ownership opportunities and incentives are also offered to qualified employees.
Interested individuals are invited to submit expressions of interest and detailed CVs to email@example.com. Please submit your resume together with cover letter and supporting documents altogether in one PDF and make sure you quote on your submission, Competition Number: US-T-H-0617. All submissions will be treated in confidence and retained for six months, so please do not submit multiple applications or enquiries. Only individuals selected for supplemental interviews will be contacted.
For the current opening in our Tucson office, the position requirements and responsibilities include, in order of priority:
• Working experience with numerical groundwater modeling software including one or more of the following: MODFLOW, MODFLOW-SURFACT, Groundwater Vistas, FEFLOW.
• Working experience with ARCGIS and Microsoft Office software (EXCEL, ACCESS and WORD).
• Providing assistance in the analysis, evaluation, and interpretation of hydrologic, hydrogeologic and chemical data obtained during field investigations.
• Working in a team environment with strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Knowledge of standard field sampling procedures for soil, rock, sediments, surface water and ground water.
• Knowledge of drilling and sampling techniques used in unconsolidated deposits and bedrock.
• Providing direction and oversight of the installation of groundwater monitoring wells, piezometers, and groundwater production wells.
• Assisting in the field performance of aquifer tests and analysis of test data using standard solution methods.
• Assisting with office tasks such report production, figure and table preparation.